Tuesday, October 2, 2007

After the Fact

I got my surgery.

I got a little scared ahead of time (a few days ahead) and then when I realized it was about a half hour away, I saw that I had nothing to fear: I would not be awake, and therefore, to me, it would be done in a snap.

I was given an IV and various types of anesthesia- I have a bruise where that is, a bruise on my chest (mystery bruise), and one on my lip (also another mystery bruise). My head hurts, but only in a spot I wasn't really expecting, having probably something to do with the angle of my neck during surgery. I've got a prescription for vicodin, some of which I've taken because as the day goes on and the original anesthesia wears off, the less nice my head feels, though to say it feels bad is kind of untrue. Just the one spot hurts.

Here's a photo of my bandage- the quality is poor since I took it on my phone, but better than nothing, right?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I get to take that off tomorrow. Tomorrow, I will take a photo of the bald spot and stitches! I can't wait to get this baby activated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you need to put up the picture of your whole face while wearing the bandage. I thought it was kind of cute actually. I also think it's cool that your stitches are located inside your head and will dissolve on their own. Now it just looks like you have a funny seam behind our ear. I forgot to tell you that your face was swollen after your surgery. You looked like a cute little chipmunk baby!

littlebijoux said...

Yeah, my seam is totally goofy! I am starting to get fuzz, too. Lucky me, my hair grows fast. I try my very best to look like a chipmunk baby at all times. I still haven't had to sneeze, isn't that weird?